Thursday, December 15, 2005

800x600 resolution or less - anyone?

How many of the visitors to my blog are using a 800x600 resolution or
something less than that?

I have been using 1024x768 resolution since a long time now. I think
my blog with the present template doesnot look good with this
resolution. There is too much of blank space on either side and a lot
of space wasted. It looks good with a 800x600 resolution. If most of
my visitors to my blog are on 1024x768 resolution, then I can safely
change my template to this resolution. People using lesser resolutions
get scroll bars to see the full page.

While I have ways to find out which user-agent/browser the visitors
are using, I dont think there is a way for me to know the display
resolution each one is using. So, please leave a comment with your
current resolution so that I can decide if I need to change.

9 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger Sri Harsha said...

Hmmm...i never gave a thought to this before...until now...

Thinkin abt this..my blog page looks fine...and u're blog page looks fine too....


P.S.: I'm adding u into my links column...any problem?

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Shruthi said...

Sri Harsha is right.... I think your page looks just fine! Anyway, if you really want to change it, then I use 1024x768 :)

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Global Indian said...

Harsha: Absolutely no problem with putting the link. Go Ahead. And Thanks!!

Shruthi: The display resolution in my office is 1280x768. I could see the text only in the 50% of the screen. Then I thought maybe I should change the template. But with two of the most 'avid' readers ;) of my blog saying no, I would leave it as it is.

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger Shuuro said...

I use rss reader to read your blog postings, so your blog resolution doesn't matter to me. By the way, you can use sitemeter.com to see your visitors monitor resolution.

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger Global Indian said...

shuuro: just checked out your blog. good one! I also use the feeds to read most of the blogs.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Id it is said...

1024x768 at home and a higher one at work.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Samit said...

1024*728... no probs at all, viewing ur blog

 
At 5:30 AM, Blogger Raj said...

Your blog looks fine with 1024x768. No need to worry.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Global Indian said...

Thanks everyone for ur comments. I am leaving the template as it is.. as I'm also getting busy these days with work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home