Wednesday, June 30, 2004

you have got gmail!!

Nearly a week after starting the hunt for getting a gmail account, I
finally got one! I must thank Nikhil for sending the invite. As I said
in my previous post, there is a lot of hype for gmail. My guess is
that gmail is in a perferctly working and tested shape.

Google is continuing to give out accounts only on invites to keep the
free marketing going! It also expects the users to stick to their
gmail account, as they had to try hard to get the account.

As I said earlier, I already have 2 1GB mail accounts in rediff and
spymac. But I still wanted to try out gmail. So far, my experience has
been ok.. The biggest advantage with gmail is no image ads which are
hard on the eyes.

More than as a regular mail, i will use my gmail account as a sink..
to store files.
My home PC still has a 4GB hard disk. And I now have more than 4 GB in
mail accounts.. The power of storage!!




P.S. Don't ask me for invites pls. I haven't got any invite yet. And I
need atleast first 20 invites to give them to my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home